At Prairie Pines, you’re more than a tenant—you’re part of an active community. Our assisted living facility in Fosston is an apartment building with added services. Assisted living is an ideal choice for people who no longer want to live on their own but aren’t in need of 24-hour skilled nursing care. We give seniors the ability to lead an independent lifestyle while having access to the care they need.
During the day, you can join your neighbors in our large commons room with a fireplace. We also plan both onsite and offsite activities all tenants can partake in. Then, retreat to your private, spacious apartment that’s decorated to your liking. You can choose to have many of your daily living needs taken care of for you, like cooking or laundry. Our friendly, responsive staff do their best to make you feel at home. If you need a higher level of medical care, the Essentia hospital, clinic, and long-term care center are right next door.
Onsite Services & Amenities
Get a wide range of services and amenities within our assisted living facility, including:
- 19 private unfurnished apartments with kitchens, including 15 one-bedroom and 4 two-bedroom apartments
- Garages available
- All utilities included except phone
- Hot-water heater with thermostat in each apartment
- Basic cable
- Two nutritious daily meals and snacks
- Staff on site 24 hours a day
- Emergency response pendants to call for help 24/7
- Weekly vitals check
- Monthly foot care
- Case management services – Regular nurse assessments to ensure that each tenant is getting the care they need
- Personal health care plan – Includes up to 30 minutes each day of medication assistance, morning start-ups, evening tuck-ins and help with daily care
- Appointment scheduling assistance
- Visits from licensed nurse
- Scheduled exercise program
- Restorative therapy – Helps keep residents active and doing exercises after therapy sessions
- Weekly housekeeping and help with personal laundry
- Activities and family gatherings in commons area
- Spacious storage units available
- Beauty and barbershop services
- Scheduled activities and bus outings
- Security system and resident-controlled visitor access
Volunteers play a vital role at Prairie Pines Community. Play games, run errands, lead Bible studies, or simply visit with residents. Call the Fosston hospital volunteer department at 218-435-7629 or email FosstonVolunteers@EssentiaHealth.org to learn more.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our assisted living supervisor Victoria (Tori) Edie. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.