Essentia Health-Winchester Senior Apartments = Essentia You-Winchester Senior Apartments;
Join a tight-knit community of seniors at Essentia Health-Winchester Senior Apartments. As an independent living complex in Detroit Lakes, we offer private apartments close to medical care for residents over age 62. With many floor plans to choose from, you’ll find one with plenty of room for your favorite furniture and decor. If you choose, you can also have home care services in your apartment.
There's always something fun happening on site, like our popular happy hour. Our building even promises prime views of the local summer parade. We’re on the Essentia medical campus, which includes a clinic, hospital, therapy center, and many senior housing options. Our building is only 10 steps away from our nursing home Oak Crossing. This makes us a great option for spouses who have different needs and want to live nearby each other. As one of Essentia Health’s Catholic facilities, we strive to provide holistic healing for all human life.
Onsite Services & Amenities
Explore the features of our independent living facility:
- 28 private unfurnished apartments, including 18 one-bedroom apartments, 10 two-bedroom apartments, and one two-bedroom suite
- Stove and fridge in each apartment
- Complimentary washer and dryer on every floor
- All utilities included, including basic cable and Wi-Fi (excludes phone)
- Pet friendly apartments upon approval
- Heated underground parking
- Light housekeeping services
- Daily noon meal (additional meals available at extra cost)
- Emergency response pull cord in each apartment
- Onsite activities, including happy hour
- Weekly shopping transportation
- Exercise room
- Family room for social gatherings
- Small library
- Community computer
- Beauty and barbershop
- Secure building
- Guest suite – A convenient, affordable place for guests to stay the night on site
- Home care services, including bathing, dressing, grooming, medication assistance, and more by request
Built in 1995, Winchester Senior Apartments was one of the first independent senior housing facilities in the region. We came to be after a regional study showed a need for senior housing with competitive rates. Only a few blocks from Detroit Lake, our facility is designed to maintain residents’ independence and comfort.
Volunteers play a vital role at Essentia Health-Winchester Senior Apartments. Arrange activities, run errands, or simply visit with residents. Call the Detroit Lakes hospital volunteer department at 218-844-0709 to learn more. Be sure to tell them you’re interested in volunteering at Winchester Senior Apartments.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our assisted living manager Tonya Clem. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.