Trust Essentia Health-Virginia Care Center to provide respectful long- or short-term skilled nursing services to you or your loved one. Our 90-bed long-term care center has friendly, dedicated staff on site 24/7. We’re on the 3rd and 4th floor of Essentia Health-Virginia hospital. Our clinic is also only a short walk away through a covered tunnel.
We want all our residents to feel at home. We welcome smaller furniture, like dressers and recliners. Our gathering spaces and activities, like music and exercise group, help neighbors get to know one another. We also have 12 beds for residents who need short-term care. These rooms have TVs, cable, and phones for your comfort.
Get a wide range of services within our long-term care center, including:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Nurse practitioner services four days a week for more complex medical needs
- Transitional care – Temporary care when hospital-level care isn’t needed but patients aren’t ready to go home, like after a surgery or accident
- Respite care – Temporary care when normal caregiver isn’t available
- Hospice care – Compassionate end-of-life care along with skilled nursing care
- Physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy
- Restorative programming – Helps keep residents active and doing exercises after therapy sessions
- Dental, vision, hearing, and foot care
- Wound care
- Diagnostic services (lab tests done in hospital)
- Pharmacy services and IV therapy
- Social services
- Chaplain services – Spiritual care
Make yourself at home at the Virginia Care Center. We invite you to enjoy our:
- Private and some double rooms where you can bring your own small furniture
- In-room TV cable options
- Nutritious meals served cafeteria style in dining room on each floor
- Barber and beauty salon services
- Personal shopper services
- Laundry services
- Onsite chapel and church services in hospital
- Resident and guest Wi-Fi
- Planned outings with transportation
- Community gathering areas, one with a fireplace
- Planned activities, like bingo, and clubs
- Exercise program – Residents get together and do exercises with staff
- Trust accounts – Acts as a savings account from which residents can withdraw money
The Essentia Health-Virginia Care Center has provided long-term care on the Iron Range since 1968. When the Virginia Regional Medical Center purchased us in 1968, we became Virginia Convalescent Center. On January 1, 2013, we joined with Essentia Health to become the Essentia Health-Virginia Care Center.
Over the years, we’ve earned a reputation for providing superior skilled nursing services. We offer a variety of health care services to meet the needs of today's senior. We’re best known for our quality care and positive outcomes in rehabilitative and restorative services.
Make a difference in the lives of our residents. Volunteer to help at mealtime, organize activities, or simply visit. Call 218-741-3340, Ext. 2420 to learn more.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our director of nursing, Deborah Morell. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.