Turn to the Essentia Health-Polinsky Medical Rehabilitation Center in Duluth, Minnesota, for specialized outpatient therapy services. We're a regional leader in providing treatment, education, and support to adults and children with disabilities. Our mission is to help each patient function at their highest level and gain independence. We offer four types of therapy, including physical, occupational, behavioral health, and speech-language therapy.
Our experienced team provides neurological rehabilitation services to both children and adults who have brain, spinal cord, or nerve conditions. We specialize in caring for children with special needs, ranging from neurological disorders to developmental delays. We also offer cancer rehabilitation, dizziness and balance care, and support groups. As one of Essentia’s Catholic facilities, we strive to provide holistic healing for all human life.
Get a wide range of rehabilitation services from knowledgeable providers at our center, including:
Adult Rehabilitation Services
If you have an injury or disorder that affects your nervous system, rehabilitation may help. Your nervous system includes your brain, spinal cord, and nerves. We treat a variety of these conditions, including multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease, brain injuries, and strokes.
Children’s Rehabilitation Services
Partner with us to help your child develop more independence. We see children with a wide range of conditions, such as autism, cerebral palsy, brain injuries, and developmental delays. Our team of therapists are experts at working with children and do their best to make therapy fun.
We pool the talents of many providers to help you reach your therapy goals, including:
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) doctors – Provide care that helps you maximize what you can do and adapt to what you can’t do
- Physical therapists – Improve your ability to move
- Occupational therapists – Help you build skills to do daily tasks
- Speech-language therapists – Treat communication and swallowing disorders
- Orthotists and prosthetists – Create and fit devices that replace a body part or help it work better
- Behavioral health care providers (psychologists) – Help you cope with physical, emotional, and social challenges and make choices to promote good health
- Social workers and case managers – Helps you and your family understand the rehabilitation process and connects you with community resources, such as school, transportation, and support services
The Sheraton Duluth Hotel is connected to Essentia Health’s downtown medical campus by skywalk. Only a few blocks from Polinsky Medical Rehabilitation Center, it’s a comfortable, nearby place for friends and family to stay. The Sheraton also offers a medical rate and a free, daily shuttle service.
Book a Room
Call the Sheraton Duluth Hotel at 218-733-5660 to book your room. When making your reservation, ask for the Essentia Health medical rate. The medical rate applies to traditional rooms for families and friends of patients at Essentia Health hospitals as well as patients visiting our clinics.
To learn more about guest rooms, hotel amenities, and Restaurant 301, visit sheraton.com/Duluth
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our director Joan Jeanetta. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Support Our Center
Have you been inspired by the care you or a loved one received? Support us by donating to the Miller-Dwan Foundation or the Essentia Health Foundation. Both foundations have funds that support the Polinsky Medical Rehabilitation Center with help from patients and family members like you.