Welcome to the Essentia Health-Northern Pines Care Center. When you turn on to our wooded drive, you’ll know we’re not like other long-term care facilities or nursing homes. Our building sits in a gorgeous natural setting on the outskirts of Aurora, Minnesota. We’re also on the same campus as Essentia Health-Northern Pines hospital and clinic.
Inside, the difference comes through in how we treat our residents. We honor and respect all persons we care for—as if we were caring for our own family. We also have certified dementia care experts on staff. Trust our kind, professional staff to help you or your loved one lead the best life possible.
Get a wide range of services within our long-term care center, including:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Nurse practitioner services two days a week for more complex medical needs
- Transitional care – Temporary care when hospital-level care isn’t needed but patients aren’t ready to go home, like after a surgery or accident
- Respite care – Temporary care when normal caregiver isn’t available
- Hospice care – Compassionate end-of-life care along with skilled nursing care
- Physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy
- Behavioral and mental health
- Restorative programming – Helps keep residents active and doing exercises after therapy sessions
- Pet therapy
- Social services
- Chaplain services – Spiritual care
- Intergenerational programming – Encourages youth and older adults to connect
- Therapeutic activities – Exercise and memory activities
Make yourself at home at Northern Pines Care Center. We invite you to enjoy our:
- Private rooms where you can bring your own small furniture
- In-room TV cable options
- Three healthy meals a day, served buffet-style
- Wellness garden where you can help plant and maintain or simply enjoy
- L&M Café – A community activity where you can help prep and cook food
- Barber and beauty salon services
- Laundry services
- Onsite chapel and church services
- Resident and guest Wi-Fi
- Planned monthly outings with transportation
- Community gathering areas, one with a large fireplace
- Planned activities, like bingo, and clubs
- Large physical therapy area
Northern Pines Care Center opened with 13 beds in 1961 to meet the growing need for long-term care in the community. By 1971, we had 29 beds. Two years later, we had 43 beds and then 50 beds. More than 50 years later, our nursing home remains a vibrant part of the Aurora community.
Make a difference in the lives of our residents. Volunteer to help at mealtime, organize activities, or simply visit. Call 218-229-4212 to learn more.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact Laura Ackman. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.