At Essentia Health-Homestead, we tailor our care to meet the needs of you or your loved one. We offer 24-hour skilled nursing to residents who need ongoing and short-term care. As the only long-term care center in Deer River, Minnesota, we take pride in caring for our residents in an area familiar to them. We’re on the Essentia Health-Deer River medical campus, so clinic and hospital services are next door.
When you become a resident, you also become a part of a community. Neighbors get to know one another by partaking in our group activities, both on and off site. We even have a large garden you can help plant and maintain if you desire. Our caring staff also gets to know you and your preferences so you’re sure to feel at home.
Get a wide range of services within our long-term care center, including:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Transitional care – Temporary care when hospital-level care isn’t needed but patients aren’t ready to go home, like after a surgery or accident
- Respite care – Temporary care when normal caregiver isn’t available
- Hospice care – Compassionate end-of-life care through Essentia Health St. Mary’s Hospice or provider of choice
- Physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy
- Wound care
- Restorative programming – Helps keep residents active and doing exercises after therapy sessions
- Diagnostic testing services from visiting technicians (like blood draws)
- Chaplain services from local chaplains
- Social services
Make yourself at home at Homestead. We invite you to enjoy our:
- Private and double rooms where you can bring some small, personal belongings
- In-room basic cable
- Nutritious meals and snacks served in dining room
- Barber and beauty salon services
- Courtyard garden you can help plant and maintain or simply enjoy
- Resident and guest Wi-Fi
- Exercise program – Residents get together and do exercises with staff
- Laundry services
- Planned outings with transportation
- Activity center that hosts casual church services and social activities
- Planned activities, like bingo, card games, and crafts
Make a difference in the lives of our residents. Volunteer to help at mealtime, organize activities, or simply visit. Call the Deer River hospital volunteer department at 218-246-4387 or email DeerRiverVolunteers@Essentiahealth.org to learn more.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our administrator Shawna Smith. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.