Make the Essentia Health-Grace Home in Graceville, Minnesota, your home away from home. We’re a warm, welcoming long-term care center with local, caring staff. Being in a small community, you may even recognize a few faces when you move in. Our senior residents have access to 24-hour skilled nursing and onsite amenities like our beauty shop, chapel, and outdoor spaces.
In your private or double room, you’ll find comfort in having a few of your favorite belongings with you. Serene views of vast farmland are also outside many of our windows. Lake Toqua is also just across the street. We’re attached to Grace Village assisted living and next to Essentia’s hospital and clinic. As one of Essentia Health’s Catholic facilities, we strive to provide holistic healing for all human life.
Get a wide range of services within our long-term care center, including:
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Nurse practitioner on site at least once a month to help patients with more complex medical needs
- Hospice care – Compassionate end-of-life care along with skilled nursing care
- Physical, occupational, and speech-language therapy
- Restorative programming – Helps keep residents active and doing exercises after therapy sessions
- Social services
- Wound and ostomy care
Make yourself at home at Grace Home. We invite you to enjoy our:
- Private and double rooms where you can bring personal furnishings and mementos as space allows
- In-room basic cable
- Resident and guest Wi-Fi
- Resident computer station
- Three meals a day, which includes an open breakfast hour
- Barber and beauty salon services
- Laundry services
- Sunny outdoor spaces
- Resident exercise program – Do exercises with activities department
- Onsite chapel and church services
- Planned social outings with transportation
- Planned activities and craft program
The City of Graceville built Grace Home 1976 as a 60-bed, skilled nursing senior home. The city contracted with the Franciscan Sisters of Rochester, Minnesota, to manage the facility. When city officials decided to withdraw from Grace Home, the Missionary Benedictine Sisters (who owned Holy Trinity Hospital) took over management. In June 1996, the Sisters purchased Grace Home from the city. They owned and operated Grace Home until acquired by Essentia Health in October 2010.
Grace Home sits next to Holy Trinity Hospital and Graceville Clinic—the home’s original location. Grace Home continues to adapt to the changes and needs of seniors. This includes creating more private rooms for greater comfort.
Make a difference in the lives of our residents. Volunteer to help organize activities or simply visit. Call 320-748-7223 to learn more.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our social services designee Terri Bauer. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.