Relax and enjoy this time in the company of other seniors at Essentia Health-Comstock Court. We’re an independent living apartment complex in Deer River for people over age 55. Here, it’s hard not to see a friendly, familiar face throughout your day. This warm, welcoming atmosphere is something you’ll feel throughout town. Whether you’re on our grounds or at the nearby casino, golf course, bowling alley, or one of many churches, you’ll always feel at home.
Besides companionship, you’ll also find comfort and security in your own private apartment. As a resident, you'll be living on the Essentia Health-Deer River medical campus. Access to hospital, clinic, rehabilitation, and long-term care are only steps away. You can also get extra services on site—whether it’s home care or light housekeeping—and only pay for what you need. We strive to make independent living affordable while meeting your needs.
Onsite Services & Amenities
Explore the features of our independent living facility:
- 30 private unfurnished apartments, including 21 one-bedroom and nine two-bedroom apartments
- Full kitchens with stove and fridge
- Resident-controlled heat in every apartment
- Bathrooms with assist bars and showers with built-in bench
- Utilities like heat, water, sewer, trash, and basic cable included in rent
- Onsite manager
- Elevator for easy access to the second floor
- Interior locked mailboxes
- Secure building
- Self-serve laundry room
- Garages with electric door openers available (limited number)
- Auto plug-ins
- Community dining room and food service area
- Commons room for gathering with family and friends
- Onsite activities
- Guest room – A convenient, affordable place for guests to stay the night on site
- Extra services, including housekeeping, laundry, meals, bus transportation, and foot care by request
- Home care services, including bathing, dressing, grooming, medication assistance, and more by request
Comstock Court was built in 1990 by the community, for the community. With funds raised from fish fries, bake sales, and other events, our independent living complex came together piece by piece. Today, our building remains on the Essentia Health-Deer River medical campus, formerly known as the Deer River Healthcare Campus.
Brighten the days of residents at Comstock Court. Call bingo, play music, paint nails, provide spiritual care, and more. To learn more about volunteering in our senior apartment complex, call 218-246-4473.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our manager Teri Gullickson. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.
Residents are welcome to invite family and friends to visit at any time.
Apartment Floor Plans
One Bedroom Floor Plan
Two Bedroom Floor Plan