Meet your wellness goals at Essentia Health Fitness & Therapy Center in Duluth, Minnesota. No matter your fitness level, we make it easy to find the right workout routine for you. Our knowledgeable staff can help you feel confident using all areas of the center. This includes a wide range of top-brand cardio and strength training equipment, indoor track, and lap and therapy pools. We also offer group fitness classes on land and in water.
Our fitness center shares space with rehabilitation services where you can see skilled physical and occupational therapists. You’ll also find massage therapy services in our space. We’re in the Essentia Health-Duluth Clinic 2nd Street Building. Formerly known as the Center for Personal Fitness, we still offer the same high-quality services. Whether you want to lose weight, train for an athletic challenge, or increase your strength, we’re here for you.
Group Fitness Class Schedules & Pool Hours
Group fitness classes and pool access are included with your membership or day/week pass.
Our lap pool is always open for use during our fitness center hours.
Get a wide range of rehabilitation services from knowledgeable providers, including:
SpineX™ Rehab Program for Back & Neck Pain
Lead a more active lifestyle despite ongoing back or neck pain. SpineX™ is an eight-week program that guides you through targeted strengthening and stretching exercises. Learn more about our back and neck pain program.
Fitness Center Features
When you join or get a day/week pass, you’ll get access to a wide range of equipment, services, and amenities.
Equipment & Workout Areas
Check out our inviting, well-maintained fitness center with top-of-the-line equipment.
- Cardio machines, including treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, bikes, rowing machines, arm bike
- Weight machines with weight plates and cables
- Free weight area with dumbbells, barbells, squat rack, bench press, leg press
- Stretching area with floor mats, medicine balls, kettle bells, resistance bands
- Indoor track (18 laps=1 mile)
- Lap pool and hot tub
- Therapy pool – Smaller, heated pool easier on joints
Look to our staff for fitness instruction or help measuring your progress.
- Group fitness classes – Cardio, strength, Zumba, yoga, Pilates, cycling, and aquatic classes that range from easy to challenging (cost is included in membership and passes)
- Orientation – Strength machine and cardiovascular equipment instruction (by appointment only and cost is included in membership and passes)
- Body composition test – Measures percentage of body fat (by appointment only and cost is $5 for non-members)
- Fitness assessment – Tests your resting heart rate and blood pressure, height and weight, percentage of body fat, cardio abilities, strength, and flexibility (by appointment only and costs vary)
Enjoy our onsite amenities.
- Locker rooms – Includes lockers, showers, towel service, dry sauna, and conveniences like hair dryers and shampoo
- Daily lockers – Daily use lockers for members and visitors (padlocks are not provided and no overnight storage is allowed)
- Annual storage lockers – Annual storage lockers available for $84 plus tax per year
Fitness Center Membership & Passes
We don’t believe in contracts that make you commit to a long-term relationship with your gym. Pay month to month, or pay for an entire year to save 10% on membership dues.
Regular Membership Prices
- Single: $35 per month + tax
- Couple: $58 per month + tax
- Dependent (ages 15–21): $10 per month + tax
- 2nd Dependent: $5 per month + tax
We charge a $50 registration fee plus tax when you join. This is a one-time cost unless you cancel your membership and sign up again later.
Daytime Senior Membership Prices
Seniors ages 62 and older can use the fitness center Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3 pm for a discounted rate.
- Single: $20 per month + tax
We charge a $20 registration fee plus tax when you join as a daytime senior member. This is a one-time cost unless you cancel your membership and sign up again later.
Essentia Health Employee Discount
Essentia Health full-time employees save $15 per month and part-time employees (.6-.9) save $10 per month on memberships.
Day & Week Pass Prices
- Day pass: $6 + tax (use for one day)
- Week pass: $15 + tax (use for seven days in a row)
We offer 50 percent off day passes every March and December.
Freeze your membership for 1 to 6 months to avoid repaying your registration fee. Tell us in writing when you wish to freeze your membership by the 20th of the month for it to take effect the next month.
Our membership agreement in on a month-to-month basis. Tell us in writing when you wish to cancel your membership by the 20th of the month for it to take effect the next month.
Many health insurance plans offer a fitness reimbursement program. Most provide a $20 incentive for working out in a facility eight to 12 times a month. Contact your health insurance company to see you have this benefit. If you do, let us know when you sign up for membership as we participate in many programs.
Soothe sore muscles, improve blood flow, and relieve stress in the body with massage therapy. We have private, tranquil massage therapy rooms that promote relaxation. You don’t need to be a member to take advantage of this service. View our rates and types of massages we offer or call 218-786-5400 to make an appointment.
Compliments & Complaints
If you’d like to share a compliment, concern, or suggestion, please contact our operations manager John Haugrud. You can also fill out our online compliments and complaints form.