Expect friendly service at the Essentia Health-Duluth 3rd Street Pharmacy. We stock common and specialty medications—even ones not found in the big-box drug stores. We also have a wide range of over-the-counter medicines for your convenience.
Allow us to work as a partner in your health to help ensure effective and safe prescription care. We’re next to the Urgent Care in the Essentia Health-Duluth Clinic 3rd Street Building. Our pharmacists are here for you seven days a week.
Get your prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and more at our pharmacy, including:
- Answers to questions about medications from pharmacists during business hours (After hours, contact your prescriber. If you have a medication-related emergency, call 911.)
- Quick access to your medication list and history if you’re an Essentia patient
- Specialty pharmacy services for uncommon drugs
- Someone you can talk to about financial help for medication
- Medicare Part B Billing, including diabetic testing supplies
Free Local Prescription Delivery
Live in Duluth, MN? Call your Essentia Health pharmacy to ask about having your prescription delivered to your door at no extra cost. Schedule a time to have it dropped off when you or another adult can sign for it.
Don’t live in Duluth? Learn about all the ways you can get your prescription.
Monthly Prescription Service
If you take many routine medications, save time by getting all your refills once a month. You can also get refills every 90 days if your insurance and care team allows. Have them delivered by mail or pick them up. Ask your pharmacy team about Sync MyMeds.
Safe Medication Disposal Drop Boxes
Have unused or expired medicines? Safely dispose of prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines in our blue MedSafe drug drop boxes at all Essentia pharmacies.
- Use a marker to cross out your name on container. (Drop off is anonymous.)
- Keep medications in the original container and place them in the blue, metal drop box.
You don’t have to be an Essentia patient to use this service. Sorry, we don’t take needles, syringes, lancets, thermometers, or medications from businesses. If you're not near an Essentia pharmacy, you can also follow these safe prescription drug disposal guidelines from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
Bedside Delivery for St. Mary’s Medical Center Hospital Patients
As a patient at Essentia Health-St. Mary's Medical Center, we'll help you save a trip to the pharmacy. Before you go home, your new medications will be delivered to your room and a pharmacist will educate you on them before you leave.
Questions to Ask Your Pharmacist
When you start a new medication, make sure you have complete, accurate information about it so you can avoid potential problems. When you pick up a new medication, ask your Essentia pharmacist:
- What is this medication used for?
- How much of this medicine should I take and when should I take it?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Could this medication have any negative interactions with other drugs, certain foods, or alcohol?
- How should I store this medication?
- What are possible side effects of this medication?
- What results should I expect to see, and when will I notice these improvements in my health?
Get Help Managing Your Medicines
Ensure you’re getting the most from your prescription, over-the-counter, and vitamin treatments. Take advantage of medication management services at select clinic locations.
During this 30- to 60-minute visit with a pharmacist, you can:
- Ask questions about your medications
- Decrease your risk of drug interactions
- Ensure medications are effective and safe for you
- Look at ways to save money on medications
- Work toward meeting your health goals
Make an appointment for medication therapy management at an Essentia clinic near you.
To save you money, we’ll substitute a less expensive, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved generic drug when possible. We make this substitution only if the drug is safely interchangeable with, and a therapeutic equal to the brand-name drug prescribed by your health care provider. Essentia Health pharmacies offer generic medications for as low as $5 a month.
If you object to a substitution, tell us when you order your medication or before you leave the pharmacy.
Essentia Health has earned Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) accreditation through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.