See a pharmacist who can not only fill your prescription, but also answer your questions. At the Essentia Health-Duluth 1st Street Pharmacy, we’re known for our personalized customer service. We get to know you to help ensure effective and safe prescription care.
We’re in the lobby of the Essentia Health-Duluth Clinic 1st Street Building in downtown Duluth, MN. Get all your prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines at our pharmacy. Even if your doctor requests a hard-to-find medication or cancer drug, rely on us to get you what you need.
Get your prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and more at our pharmacy, including:
- Answers to questions about medications from pharmacists during business hours (After hours, contact your prescriber. If you have a medication-related emergency, call 911.)
- Quick access to your medication list and history if you’re an Essentia patient
- Specialty pharmacy services for uncommon drugs
- Walk-in flu shots October generally through March and shingles shots throughout the year
- Someone you can talk to about financial help for medications
Free Local Prescription Delivery
Live in Duluth, MN? Call your Essentia Health pharmacy to ask about having your prescription delivered to your door at no extra cost. Schedule a time to have it dropped off when you or another adult can sign for it.
Don’t live in Duluth? Learn about all the ways you can get your prescription.
Monthly Prescription Service
If you take many routine medications, save time by getting all your refills once a month. You can also get refills every 90 days if your insurance and care team allows. Have them delivered by mail or pick them up. Ask your pharmacy team about Sync MyMeds.
Liquid Medicine Flavoring
Make your or your child’s medicine easier to swallow. Ask your Essentia pharmacist about options to safely customize the flavor of nearly any liquid medicine, including over-the-counter products. Choose from FLAVORx® flavors like bubble gum, strawberry, and grape. All flavors are casein-free and gluten-free.
Safe Medication Disposal Drop Boxes
Have unused or expired medicines? Safely dispose of prescriptions and over-the-counter medicines in our blue MedSafe drug drop boxes at all Essentia pharmacies.
- Use a marker to cross out your name on container. (Drop off is anonymous.)
- Keep medications in the original container and place them in the blue, metal drop box.
You don’t have to be an Essentia patient to use this service. Sorry, we don’t take needles, syringes, lancets, thermometers, or medications from businesses. If you're not near an Essentia pharmacy, you can also follow these safe prescription drug disposal guidelines from the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
Questions to Ask Your Pharmacist
When you start a new medication, make sure you have complete, accurate information about it so you can avoid potential problems. When you pick up a new medication, ask your Essentia pharmacist:
- What is this medication used for?
- How much of this medicine should I take and when should I take it?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- Could this medication have any negative interactions with other drugs, certain foods, or alcohol?
- How should I store this medication?
- What are possible side effects of this medication?
- What results should I expect to see, and when will I notice these improvements in my health?
Get Help Managing Your Medicines
Ensure you’re getting the most from your prescription, over-the-counter, and vitamin treatments. Take advantage of medication management services at select clinic locations.
During this 30- to 60-minute visit with a pharmacist, you can:
- Ask questions about your medications
- Decrease your risk of drug interactions
- Ensure medications are effective and safe for you
- Look at ways to save money on medications
- Work toward meeting your health goals
Make an appointment for medication therapy management at an Essentia clinic near you.
To save you money, we’ll substitute a less expensive, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved generic drug when possible. We make this substitution only if the drug is safely interchangeable with, and a therapeutic equal to the brand-name drug prescribed by your health care provider. Essentia Health pharmacies offer generic medications for as low as $5 a month.
If you object to a substitution, tell us when you order your medication or before you leave the pharmacy.
Essentia Health has earned Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) accreditation through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.