Essentia Health is dedicated to making a health difference in people's lives. In fulfilling our mission, we offer financial assistance to our patients whose insurance coverage and/or ability to pay their medical bills is limited.
Essentia Health's Financial Assistance Program provides a discount on bills for medically necessary care. The program may cover current and outstanding bills – up to 36 months prior to the enrollment in the program – and may remain in effect for 6 months after enrollment.
You may qualify for financial assistance when:
- You are uninsured.
- Your insurance policy does not provide full coverage for medically necessary care.
- You have substantial out-of-pocket expenses and are unable to manage your medical bills.
To determine if you would be eligible for one of our Financial Assistance Programs, you will need to complete a Financial Assistance Application
and provide all the necessary documentation that is required.
- You may be eligible for a 100% discount if your household income is below 160% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines.
- You may be eligible for a 75% discount if your household income is less than 225% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines.
- You may be eligible for a 50% discount if your household income is less than 310% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines.
- Please see Income Guidelines (PDF)
- If your income is above 310% of the Federal Poverty Income guidelines and your medical bills exceed 20% of your annualized income, you may also apply for a catastrophic discount. This program is limited to one episode of care which includes any subsequent medical treatment or services related to that same episode of care, or a series of ongoing medical service that are intended to treat a specific diagnosis. A Financial Assistance Application will need to be completed to be considered for this discount.
You can contact us
for more information regarding the Financial Assistance Program.
Once we have reviewed a completed application, which includes the necessary documentation; within 30 days of receiving the completed application, our office will notify you of the determination by letter. Failure to provide a completed application will result in a denial.
The Financial Assistance Program is not an insurance program and does not cover:
- Certain medical services .
- Retail services from pharmacies or optical shops, etc.
- Services supplied by organizations that are not part of Essentia Health.
Learn more and apply: