Essentia Health provides funding to programs and organizations focused on assisting the underserved, building healthy communities and improving the quality of life for people in our service area.
Essentia Health is committed to the following focus areas:
Programs or projects that improve peoples' physical or mental health, prevent violence, or promote injury prevention and safety.
Programs or projects that improve the overall health of our communities and meet the needs of special populations and the underserved.
Programs and community projects that support and improve access to the arts or other civic and cultural endeavors.
Programs that enhance education, medical education, or medical equipment.
For the purposes of evaluation, priority is given to support direct services.
Less emphasis is given to requests to fund operations, salaries, or capital campaigns.
Funding is not available for:
- Endowment campaigns
- Programs outside of Essentia's geographic service area
- Activities that support individual, school, or group trips or competitions
- Sponsorship of individuals in fundraising events
- Political organizations
- Sponsorships of events or advertising (see sponsorship application)
- Debt retirement or medical expenses for individuals
- Memberships or dues
- Any program, project, or event that is not consistent with Essentia's mission and values