Energize your life. Get moving. Lose weight.
Crow Wing Energized is offering 14 lifestyle change classes at various times and places throughout Crow Wing County beginning the week of January 9.
The year-long program helps participants make real lifestyle changes such as eating healthier, including physical activity into their daily lives, and improving problem-solving and coping skills. The classes are sponsored by Crow Wing Energized, SHIP, Crow Wing County, and Essentia Health.
There will be 16 weekly sessions and monthly follow-up sessions to support you for the remainder of the year led by certified lifestyle change coaches. The evidence based curriculum was developed by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and is called the National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP).
Participants in this class have experienced:
- n Average weight loss is 5-7%.
- n Cut risk for developing type 2 diabetes by 58%.
There are more than 14 classes held in the communities of Brainerd, Baxter, Nisswa, Merrifield, Pine River and Hackensack.
- The Warehouse in Pine River at 11:30 a.m. on January 9
- Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Brainerd at 4:30 p.m. on January 9
- Trinity Lutheran Church in Brainerd at 5:30 p.m. on January 9 or at 6:45 p.m. on January 9
- CTC Office in Brainerd at Noon on January 10
- Essentia Health St. Joseph’s-Baxter Clinic in Baxter at 1:30 p.m. on January 10
- St. Christopher’s Catholic Church in Nisswa at 6 p.m. on January 10
- Trailside Center in Pequot Lakes at 6:30 p.m. on January 10
- Lord of Life Church in Baxter at 9:00 a.m. on January 11
- The Center in Brainerd at 11:30 a.m. on January 11
- Union United Church of Christ in Hackensack at 10 a.m. on January 11
- Clow Stamping in Merrifield at 2:30 p.m. on January 12
- YMCA in Brainerd at 9 a.m. on January 12 or 5:30 p.m. on January 12
- The Journey North Community Church in Baxter at 1:30 p.m. on January 12
The only restrictions on participation is that you must be at least 18 years of age or older and not pregnant.
A program that once cost $150 is now free! Limited class space available so register early. Get more information and register at www.CrowWingEnergized.org.