Reasons You Need One of Your Own
1. Studies show having a primary care doctor can keep you healthier.
2007 International Journal of Health Services Primary Care study
2. Having a relationship with your Essentia Health primary care doctor means he or she knows your
history, your habits and your personality and can easily recognize signs of a potential change in your health.
3. A primary care doctor is someone you can confide in. Who will listen to you and partner with you to
solve problems and keep you healthy.
4. Seeing your doctor for regular physicals means you can get information tailored to your unique
needs and goals. Many insurance plans cover annual physicals with your doctor, as well as
diagnostic screenings you may need like mammograms and colonoscopies.
5. Your doctor can help educate you about how to help prevent chronic illnesses by keeping your blood
pressure, cholesterol, weight and stress levels under control.
6. If you need to see a specialist, your doctor can easily refer you to one or more than 600 highly skilled
specialists practicing at Essentia Health.