Set on the tree-covered campus of Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Hospital and Clinic in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota, Oak Crossing is a senior living community offering transitional care and long-term nursing services in a close-knit community. Four distinct neighborhoods—each serving 25 or fewer residents—create a comfortable, small-town feel for those who call it home. Each neighborhood is adorned with its own kitchen, formal dining room, living room, spa and laundry. Residents enjoy spacious private, single, or shared bedrooms—all which accommodate favorite furniture, a comfortable chair and personal treasures.
In addition to the amenities offered in each neighborhood, our “Main Street” features spaces where residents can be active in scheduled events, relax, or gather with family and friends. Here, the coffee’s always on and the atmosphere is always cozy. People get to know their neighbors—they eat together, spend time together and build fast friendships. And because each neighborhood has its own staff, residents always recognize their caregivers. To us and the people who live here, it just feels better that way.
- 3 Daily Meals in Each Neighborhood Kitchen
- Onsite Therapy Services
- 23-Bed Transitional Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Dressing, Grooming and Daily Needs
- Physically Connected to Essentia Health St. Mary’s Hospital and Clinic
- Acute Care and Wound Care
- Physician House Calls
- Main-Street Setting for Gatherings and Happy Hour
Contact UsAnn Leonard
Phone: 218-844-0789; call for appointment or information
Address1040 Lincoln Avenue
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Parking map (PDF)
Hours Visiting Hours: At Our Residents’ Discretion
Office Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Click on the titles below to expand the content:
The building that would become Oak Crossing was built in 1976 and purchased by St. Mary’s Hospital in 1988. At the time, it was known as St. Mary’s Nursing Center. In 2009, Essentia Health Oak Crossing was renovated and expanded to meet a growing demand for spacious, private rooms. Part of the lakes area senior care setting for generations, Oak Crossing is focused on a philosophy which allows each resident to be in charge of his or her private space.
Throughout Essentia Health we are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
As a member of the Essentia Health family, Oak Crossing's mission as a Catholic, Benedictine sponsored facility is to promote Christ’s ministry of holistic healing for all human life with special concern for the poor and powerless.
- Administrator- Christy Brinkman
- Director of Nursing- Laura Seleen
- Assistant Director of Nursing/Admissions Director- Ann Leonard
- President- Peter Jacobson
Volunteers are essential at Essentia Health Oak Crossing—working in neighborhood kitchens, assisting with activities and just being available for conversation. If you’re interested in sharing your time, call 218-844-0709. Thank you.
Patients who have experienced surgery, illness or accident and are not quite ready to return home can benefit from recuperation time in our Transitional Care Unit. By offering comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation, we seek to return patients to their highest level of functioning as soon as possible.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists Offering Tailored Therapy Services up to Seven Days a Week
- Registered Nurses Scheduled 24/7
- Physicians and Medical Providers Who Make “House Calls”
- Therapy provided in the Essentia Health St. Mary’s Therapy Center, directly attached to the Transitional Care Unit
- Onsite Laboratory and Imaging Services
- Private and Shared Suites, all include a shower
- Open Kitchen and Dining Area
- Open Breakfast, In-Room Meals and Snacks Available 24/7
For more information, call 218-844-0789.